Every winter, people come from all over to take advantage of the world-renowned skiing here in Utah. If you have skied in Utah before, you know why. If you haven’t, we thought we would share with you what all the fuss is about. Sports America, a ski tour company that provides tours for skiers in over 30 destinations in western North America, gave us five reasons why their customers choose to take their ski vacation to Utah.
1. Convenience– Whether you are traveling with multiple friends, extended family, or on a solo mission to the mountains everyone can appreciate quick, hassle free travel. When vacationing in Utah you are able to fly into an international airport and within 40 minutes you are at a world class ski area, it doesn’t get more convenient than that.
2. Resort Options– Eenie Meenie Miney Moe, which resort should you go. With 15 resorts to choose from, you’ll find yourself returning year after year to visit your favorites and check another off the bucket list.
3. Shared lift tickets– Not only are there more resorts than you know what to do with, but many of them are on the same ticket. Buy a Canyons lift ticket and ride at Park City. Get a Salt Lake Super Pass for access to Alta, Snowbird, Brighton and Solitude.
4. Something for everyone– Budget friendly hotel accommodations in Salt Lake, condos in the middle of the all the action on Park City’s Main Street, luxurious ski-in/ski-out chalets in Deer Valley… no matter what your budget or group size you will find your lodging preferences met.
5. “The Greatest Snow on Earth”– Utah’s claim to fluffy-powder-fame. The snow in the Utah area is actually proven to be less dense … It’s science!