On July 31, 2015, resort leadership officially combined the Park City and Canyons brands into one, under the name Park City, with a new logo combining the Canyons insignia with the Park City color palette, and the tag line “There is only one. Park City.”
The town of Park City now boasts the largest ski resort in the U.S., turning in at a staggering 7,300 skiable acres. This is exciting news for the Utah ski industry, as this $50 million transformation represents the largest, single-season transformation in U.S. ski history. Construction projects will finish up over the next few months, just in time for Opening Day this winter.
Here are the highlights of the brand launch and the new Park City:
- Park City and Canyons resorts to combine to create largest ski resort in U.S. at 7,300 acres.
- $50 million in capital improvements to combine the resorts and upgrade infrastructure.
- Combined resort will be branded “Park City” with new tagline “There is only one. Park City.”
- The new gondola will be named Quicksilver. This eight-passenger, high-speed, two-way gondola is an 8-minute ride transporting guests from the base of the existing Silverlode Lift (at Park City) to the Flatiron Lift at Canyons.
- 17 mountain peaks within one resort.
- The current Canyons base area will now be called “Canyons Village at Park City”
- The new restaurant, located at the base of the Silverlode Lift, will be called “Miners Camp” and will seat 500 indoors.
- The total width of Park City is now 6.5 miles wide.
Capturing 6.5 miles on a single skiing trail map is no small feat. The new, really, really big trail map was hand drawn by none other than James Niehues.
Want to ski the largest resort in America? Epic passes are on sale now.
By Laura Barlow